WHEN DO YOU CONSIDER OUTSOURCING YOUR WAREHOUSING AND FULFILLMENT?
IS THERE A FREIGHT MANAGEMENT FUNCTION YOU CAN'T OUTSOURCE?
For one thing, it’s affordable. For another, it allows the company to focus on other areas of its business such as marketing and sales.
But no one enters into a 3rd Party Logistics deal without a little trepidation—and rightly so: If your warehousing and fulfillment company performs even a little bit worse after outsourcing, your whole business could be in peril. That’s why you have to form strong relationships with the third parties you go to contract with.
How does one go about picking a 3rd Party Logistics company?
Well, first you should determine for sure that you really need one. Here are six basic questions to ask when considering outsourcing:
1. Are your warehousing and fulfillment needs highly complex?
2. Is there a risk to the business while performing this task in-house?
3. Does this task require more than the available resources?
4. Does the task require highly specialized training or tools?
5. Is this task outside of your core competencies?
6. Could outsourcing cut costs and improve service levels?
If you’ve answered yes to some or all of these questions, it’s probably time to call us at FARO Logistics Solutions. Our promise is to do whatever it takes to provide complete solutions with remarkable customer value for client needs and challenges.